Community Resource Agencies
Local Services & Resources
There are many local resources and agencies that offer information and/or services that can assist you. We have created a list to help you determine which resource or agency is suitable for helping you meet your needs. Please keep in mind that this list is not complete.
United Way of Etowah County
(256) 547-2581United Way works in partnership with the agencies, organizations, local business and government to help advance the common good by focusing on Education, Financial Stability, Health, and providing a Safety Net.
2-1-1 / First Call for Help
(256) 546-4357A confidential and free information and referral service providing help in locating services for people with problems and needs.
4-H Clubs of Etowah County
(256) 547-7936Assisting young people in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes that will enable them to become productive, self-directing, and contributing members of society.
American Red Cross of Alabama and Mississippi North Alabama Chapter
(256) 536-0084Providing relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies through services that are consistent with its Congressional Charter.
James Barrie Center for Children
(256) 543-1319Reducing the risk and trauma of child abuse by helping families receive child-friendly services through the unique environment and activities provided.
Big Brothers Sisters of Northeast Alabama
(256) 546-5079Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with a strong and enduring, professionally-supported, one-on-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever. We serve youth 6-18 in school- and community-based programs.
Boy Scouts of America, Greater Alabama Council
(888) 490-8955Serving others by helping to instill values in young people and in other ways prepare them to make ethical choices over their lifetime in achieving their full potential.
Boys and Girls Club of Gadsden/Etowah County
(256) 459-4573The mission is to help youth of all backgrounds develop the qualities needed to become responsible citizens and leaders, irrespective of race, color, creed, or national origin.
Council on Aging
(256) 543-3616Enhancing the quality of life of aging persons in Etowah County by planning, encouraging, and providing services sensitive to their current and emerging needs.
Darden Rehabilitation Center
(256) 547-5751Enabling Alabama’s citizens with severe disabilities to reach their maximum potential.
(334) 395-4489Providing program services, advocacy, public education, government and public relations, and technological assistance for people with disabilities, their families and friends.
Etowah County Family and Children Placement Services
(256) 549-4177Providing children entering foster care with clothing, personal care items, and other Resources. There are children waiting to be adopted. We schedule recruitment events to find Forever Homes for children in our care. We also provide Adult Protective Services, basic, personal care items or home maintenance, for clients with limited income, helping clients to sustain their current living environment.
Etowah Baptist Missions Center
Our mission is to share the good news of God’s love through holistic ministry. We do this by assisting people with immediate basic needs: food, clothing, hygiene items, help with medications, utilities and rent. We also offer adult literacy and practical skills classes. Chaplains on duty for prayer and spiritual counsel.
Etowah Free Community Clinic
We provide uninsured patients of Etowah County with access to physicians, nurses, support staff, prescription medication and a variety of holistic care services, at no cost. The clinic has had a dramatic impact, not just in the lives of those we serve, but also in the community in which they live, work and play.
Family Success Center
Community Education Gadsden City Schools
(256) 549-2925The mission of Community Education, Gadsden City Schools, is to develop lifelong educational opportunities, utilize community resources, and coordinate with local agencies, to meet the ever changing needs of adults and children of Gadsden, Alabama.
Girl Scouts of North Central Alabama
1-800-734-4541Inspiring girls, ages 5-17, with the highest ideals of character, conduct, patriotism and service that they may become happy and resourceful citizens.
(256) 543-5876Maintaining the physical and emotional well-being of the elderly homebound citizens by providing a daily adequate, hot meal that meets the dietary needs of the recipient.
Senior Housing and Care Resources
Mental Health America
(256) 547-6888 ext 115
Working for mental health and victory over mental illness, promoting mental health,
preventing mental illness, and improving the care and treatment of the mentally ill.
Promoting healthy lifestyles, developing leadership in youth, strengthening families, and assisting community development.
Etowah Community Food Bank
(256) 494-9608Providing food to the needy through local agency distributors for families and shelters.
The Salvation Army
(256) 546-4673Providing basic necessities of food, clothes, shelter, and work to promote spiritual, moral, and physical well-being.
Snellgrove Civitan Center
(256) 547-6621Providing activities which emphasize social development, self-care skills, and other areas intended to assist adults in living as normal as possible.
Success By 6
(256) 547-2581A children's initiative to discover ways to ensure all children are prepared and ready to succeed as they enter first grade.
United Ability - Hand-in-Hand
(205) 944-3973Providing quality services for persons with disabilities; empowering those we serve to live full and meaningful lives.
Community Action of Etowah County
Provides supportive services and aids families with direct assistance or with referrals to other agencies for Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and other benefits.